Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tomorrow school starts

Tomorrow school starts, not just for me, but for all of the girls. I started my new job last week, so last Wednesday, in honor of my last day of just doing "mom stuff" I took the girls to the Children's museum here in town. I thought the older girls would be bored, so I gave them the option, but they chose to go. They really surprised me by each helping a little girl to have more fun. It was great to watch them all together.










We (okay they.... it was made for kids not me) climbed in the guts of the giant boy named Eddie.




Gathered eggs...









Checked out the fire truck...













Thought about driving in 4 years (YIKES), and gassed up...














We milked the cow....


Shopped at a miniature Piggly Wiggly (do you notice two hands on that cart?)...


Became dentists.....



Ater that we went shopping because EVERYONE needed shoes for school, and one for soccer. After that we grabbed some fast food, drove over to my mom's house and hung out with her for awhile. It was a great day for me to end my summer with because the next day I WORKED MY BUTT OFF in my classroom, as well as the next day and Saturday as well.


Sunday I took "off" for Cheesie's 5th birthday party. A lot of family came over (although we missed you Nat) and we had a little party. She received a lot of great gifts including a much coveted mp3 player (now she won't have to keep stealing Big Al's - and bonus for Cheesie - T-Rex was quite jealous). We had a lovely dinner, and lots of great conversation.
For the past 3 days I have been in meetings, and continuing to work my butt off. Tomorrow is the first day of school, and everyone is excited. They are all in bed, clothes picked out, backpacks ready, and lunches almost finished. We'll see if the excitement continues at 6 a.m. when I haul them all out of bed. I'll try to get in the swing of blogging again, hopefully my stress level will even out (HA - probably not until June). I do promise to update more than once every 10 days - now lets cross our fingers that I can keep that promise.

No comments: