Monday, April 13, 2009

Please pray for the Eagers

Blogs can be an amazing thing.... I have "met" a lot of people that I've never seen face to face, and yet friendships have developed. My newest blog buddy is Megan over at www.jettothailand.blogspot.com . She and her husband are supposed to leave tomorrow for Thailand to meet their new son. I'm jealous - those of you that know me very well know that this is a dream of mine someday, so I'm living vicariously through her right now. Their big day is supposed to be Wednesday, their other children are packed and ready for grandma's, their dog just died, and then when all looked good to go.... Bangkok had to erupt into some violence. There are now travel advisories. I'm crossing my fingers for her to family to make the decision that is right for their family, but they must be feeling pretty torn. On the one hand they want their new son home with them (Thai adoption is a pretty long process compared to other places), but on the other hand they also have to be safe for their children here at home. So, if you have a prayer list, please add the Eager family in South Dakota to your list. Megan, we're waiting to see what happens, and hope for the safest, quickest journey for your family. You're in my thoughts and prayers, Kelly

2 comments:

Holly said...

wow, i hope things work out for them. i have been reading her diary lately too. I always have wanted to adopted a little girl from china or another country but my husband would rather not. the eagers seem like a great family

Megan said...

Thank you so much for asking for prayers for us! I am so blessed by your friendship and thankful to have "met" you!! You are so kind!

Love, Megan