Monday, December 24, 2012

Traditional light viewing


Every year our family heads out to Saluda Shoals to see the Christmas lights by the River. This year we went on December 23rd. Note to self...... go earlier in December.


I think most of our city had the same thought we had, because it took us 2 hours to drive the 2 miles or so to the entrance.  SOMEBODY driving the car was NOT a jolly old elf by the time we got to the gate. I just sat in the car and enjoyed singing Christmas carols and knitting.



The girls enjoyed the lights. I was especially touched by the tribute to the various Military branches.  We received word early on Christmas Eve that our cousin James Hager is back from his deployment in Kuwait and arrived home around midnight. I know my Aunt and Uncle are thrilled, as are we all, to have him home safely and makes Christmas even more wonderful.  My personal prayers go out for all soldiers separated from their families (I was away from Brian our first Christmas together as he served in the Navy). It is a difficult time to be apart. 

No comments: