Friday, March 20, 2009

The First Day of Spring

The first day of spring is so full of expectations for me. One of my New Year's goals was to extend the life of my garden so that we could enjoy the best tasting vegetables for a lot longer. Well, I started some seeds for lettuce, and beans, etc. BUT while I was doing the single parent thing with Brian in Florida they didn't get watered as much, and they were left outside when it got QUITE cold - not good for seedlings, so I have purchased similar plants for the garden plot.

The goal is now to buy some more of these:
And then clean out these: (and maybe build a few more):


And then plant the veggies into the lovely turned dirt. Now I'm posting this because it is my goal, and if I make it public, it may just get completed. The weather is gorgeous, and our little dog Tate is loving the outdoors. I'm hoping to spend a lot of time out here this weekend. (It IS really as bright outside as it seems in the pictures).

1 comment:

Recovering Noah said...

LOL. I am all for the "blog about it so maybe I'll be forced to do it idea". ;-)

Hope your garden yields more than our "good intentions" garden. Sigh. We had SUCH good intentions.